Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Norwalk, CT 06851
(203)-849-1352
Mr. Miller81
West Rocks Road
Norwalk, CT 06851
Dear Mr. Miller,
I recently read the invigorating “I Am Legend,” which started with a bang and had me thirsting for more throughout the entire read. I came across the book lying around the house on a sick day from school, and I’m glad I did. Even through a 102 degree temperature, I pounded through the book because I just couldn’t stop. A good amount of my sleep was lost over the next few days.
The author, Richard Matheson does away with all the annoying and boring setup and throws you straight into the fray. As you read, intensity continues to spike as you piece together Robert Neville’s (The protagonist) history and how he came to be in his current predicament. Chapters throughout the book end in blazing cliffhangers that force you to read on, and Matheson often has you weeping over Neville’s losses.
In my 750 word article, I want to talk “I Am Legend.” Matheson gave me a flavorful book that I really enjoyed, just when I needed one, and I want to do the same for other people in need of a good book. In my article, not only will I review the book and tell why people should read it, but I will also compare the book with the movie. Anyone who saw the movie a few years ago will be interested in the article, people who enjoyed the book read it simply because it is more on a well-loved book, and people who have experienced the best of both worlds will look forward to a fresh viewpoint. People will want to read this article, and I hope you think so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment